It does not match the whole input text

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

It does not match the whole input text

mindjoy
I have the following rule in Java (among others):


    Rule columns()
        {
        return FirstOf
                (
                asterisk(),
                Sequence
                    (
                    FirstOf
                        (
                        Sequence
                            (
                            columnName(),
                            ZeroOrMore(concat(), columnName())
                            ),
                        Sequence
                            (
                            sqlSelect(),
                            Optional(alias())
                            )
                        ),
                    ZeroOrMore
                        (
                        comma(),
                        columnName(),
                        ZeroOrMore(concat(), columnName())
                        )
                    )
                );
        }

If I run this against "* from" it matches. In my opinion, it shouldn't match as soon as it finds anything after "* ". Could someone explains why it does? Thank you.
fge
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: It does not match the whole input text

fge
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM, mindjoy [via parboiled users]
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have the following rule in Java (among others):
>
>
[...]
>
> If I run this against "* from" it matches. In my opinion, it shouldn't match
> as soon as it finds anything after "* ". Could someone explains why it does?
> Thank you.
>

Is it your whole input? What other rules are there?

If this is the whole input, you have forgotten EOI.



--
Francis Galiegue, [hidden email]
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: It does not match the whole input text

John Mikic
I have a bunch of other rules, the topmost one ends with EOI.

Since my topmost rule does not match, I run a unit tests against a specific rule (and corresponding substring of the input) trying to figure out where the problem is. Is this a correct approach?

Also, could you please explain the output of the TracingParseRunner, i.e. runner.getLog()?

Thanks again!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: It does not match the whole input text

mathias
Administrator
In reply to this post by mindjoy
The first alternative of your `columns` rule appears to be matching a single asterisk.
Since your input `* from` starts with an asterisk your rule matches.

Would you expect something else?

Cheers,
Mathias

---
[hidden email]
http://www.parboiled.org

On 25.02.2013, at 23:45, "mindjoy [via parboiled users]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> I have the following rule in Java (among others):
>
>
>    Rule columns()
>        {
>        return FirstOf
>                (
>                asterisk(),
>                Sequence
>                    (
>                    FirstOf
>                        (
>                        Sequence
>                            (
>                            columnName(),
>                            ZeroOrMore(concat(), columnName())
>                            ),
>                        Sequence
>                            (
>                            sqlSelect(),
>                            Optional(alias())
>                            )
>                        ),
>                    ZeroOrMore
>                        (
>                        comma(),
>                        columnName(),
>                        ZeroOrMore(concat(), columnName())
>                        )
>                    )
>                );
>        }
>
> If I run this against "* from" it matches. In my opinion, it shouldn't match
> as soon as it finds anything after "* ". Could someone explains why it does?
> Thank you.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
> http://users.parboiled.org/It-does-not-match-the-whole-input-text-tp4024155.html
> To start a new topic under parboiled users, email [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from parboiled users, visit
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: It does not match the whole input text

mathias
Administrator
In reply to this post by John Mikic
> Since my topmost rule does not match, I run a unit tests against a specific
> rule (and corresponding substring of the input) trying to figure out where
> the problem is. Is this a correct approach?

Are you running with the ReportingParseRunner?
If so, its error output should give you a pretty good idea of why your topmost rule doesn't match...

> Also, could you please explain the output of the TracingParseRunner, i.e.
> runner.getLog()?

The log contains all the steps the parser took to get to its result.
It can contain *a lot* of output, so its usually a good idea to apply some filters in order to limit the output to the parts you are most interested in.

Cheers,
Mathias

---
[hidden email]
http://www.parboiled.org

On 26.02.2013, at 03:06, "John Mikic [via parboiled users]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> I have a bunch of other rules, the topmost one ends with EOI.
>
> Since my topmost rule does not match, I run a unit tests against a specific
> rule (and corresponding substring of the input) trying to figure out where
> the problem is. Is this a correct approach?
>
> Also, could you please explain the output of the TracingParseRunner, i.e.
> runner.getLog()?
>
> Thanks again!
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
> http://users.parboiled.org/It-does-not-match-the-whole-input-text-tp4024155p4024157.html
> To start a new topic under parboiled users, email [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from parboiled users, visit
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: It does not match the whole input text

mindjoy
SqlSelectParser.java

Uploaded is the complete parser Java class. Here is an output from TracingParseRunner:

-------------------------------------------------------
 T E S T S
-------------------------------------------------------
Running TestSuite

sqlSelectStatement
Testing:
select * from b
Starting new parsing run
sqlSelectStatement/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:1 after ""
..(1)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:1 after ""
sqlSelectStatement/sqlSelect/select/"select"/'s/S', matched, cursor at 1:2 after "s"
..(3)../"select"/'e/E', matched, cursor at 1:3 after "se"
..(3)../"select"/'l/L', matched, cursor at 1:4 after "sel"
..(3)../"select"/'e/E', matched, cursor at 1:5 after "sele"
..(3)../"select"/'c/C', matched, cursor at 1:6 after "selec"
..(3)../"select"/'t/T', matched, cursor at 1:7 after "select"
..(3)../"select", matched, cursor at 1:7 after "select"
..(2)../select/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], matched, cursor at 1:8 after "select "
..(3)../whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:8 after "select "
..(3)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:8 after "select "
..(2)../select, matched, cursor at 1:8 after "select "
..(1)../sqlSelect/OneOrMore/columns/asterisk/'*', matched, cursor at 1:9 after "select *"
..(4)../asterisk/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(5)../whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(5)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(4)../asterisk, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(3)../columns, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(2)../OneOrMore/columns/asterisk/'*', failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(4)../asterisk, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(3)../columns/Sequence/FirstOf/Sequence/columnName/Optional/Sequence/id/TestNot/Sequence/select/"select"/'s/S', failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(14)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(13)../select, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(12)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(11)../TestNot, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(10)../id/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
..(11)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
..(10)../id/ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
..(13)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
..(12)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
..(12)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
..(11)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
..(13)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
..(12)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
..(12)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
..(11)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
..(13)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
..(12)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(12)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(11)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(13)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(12)../FirstOf/a..z, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(12)../FirstOf/A..Z, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(12)../FirstOf/0..9, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(12)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(11)../ZeroOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(10)../id/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(11)../whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(11)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(10)../id, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(9)../Sequence/dot/'.', failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(10)../dot, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(9)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(8)../Optional, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(7)../columnName/Sequence/id/TestNot/Sequence/select/"select"/'s/S', failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(13)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(12)../select, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(11)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(10)../TestNot, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(9)../id/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(11)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
..(10)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
..(10)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
..(9)../id/ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
..(11)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
..(10)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
..(11)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
..(10)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(11)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(10)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(11)../FirstOf/A..Z, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(11)../FirstOf/0..9, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(11)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(10)../ZeroOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
..(9)../id/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(10)../whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(10)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(9)../id, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(8)../Sequence/Optional/Sequence/doubleColon/colon/':', failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(12)../colon, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(11)../doubleColon, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(10)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(9)../Optional, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(8)../Sequence, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(7)../columnName/Optional/alias/Optional/as/"as"/'a/A', failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(12)../"as", failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(11)../as, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(10)../Optional, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(9)../alias/id/TestNot/Sequence/select/"select"/'s/S', failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(14)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(13)../select, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(12)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(11)../TestNot, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(10)../id/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
..(11)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
..(10)../id/ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
..(13)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
..(12)../FirstOf/a..z, failed, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
..(12)../FirstOf/A..Z, failed, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
..(12)../FirstOf/0..9, failed, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
..(12)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
..(11)../ZeroOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
..(10)../id/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(11)../whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(11)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(10)../id, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(9)../alias, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(8)../Optional, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(7)../columnName, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(6)../Sequence/ZeroOrMore/Sequence/concat/"||", failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(9)../concat, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(8)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(7)../ZeroOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(6)../Sequence, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(5)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(4)../Sequence/ZeroOrMore/Sequence/comma/',', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(7)../comma, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(6)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(5)../ZeroOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(4)../Sequence, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(3)../columns, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(2)../OneOrMore/columns/asterisk/'*', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(4)../asterisk, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(3)../columns/Sequence/FirstOf/Sequence/columnName/Optional/Sequence/id/TestNot/Sequence/select/"select"/'s/S', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(14)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(13)../select, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(12)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(11)../TestNot, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(10)../id/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(11)../FirstOf/A..Z, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(11)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(10)../id, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(9)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(8)../Optional, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(7)../columnName/Sequence/id/TestNot/Sequence/select/"select"/'s/S', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(13)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(12)../select, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(11)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(10)../TestNot, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(9)../id/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(11)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(10)../FirstOf/a..z, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(10)../FirstOf/A..Z, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(10)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(9)../id, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(8)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(7)../columnName, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(6)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(5)../FirstOf/Sequence/sqlSelect/select/"select"/'s/S', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(9)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(8)../select, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(7)../sqlSelect, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(6)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(5)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(4)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(3)../columns, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(2)../OneOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(1)../sqlSelect/from/"from"/'f/F', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(3)../"from", failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(2)../from, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
..(1)../sqlSelect, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
sqlSelectStatement, failed, cursor at 1:1 after ""

Could you please explain why it fails after matched (in bold here)? Thank you.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: It does not match the whole input text

mathias
Administrator
Sorry, mindjoy,
I currently do not have the capacity to debug your parser for you.
If you try to understand what the tracing log tells you, you should be able to figure out what's wrong.

Cheers,
Mathias
---
[hidden email]
http://www.parboiled.org

On 26.02.2013, at 15:41, "mindjoy [via parboiled users]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> SqlSelectParser.java
> <http://users.parboiled.org/file/n4024160/SqlSelectParser.java>  
>
> Uploaded is the complete parser Java class. Here is an output from
> TracingParseRunner:
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> T E S T S
> -------------------------------------------------------
> Running TestSuite
>
> sqlSelectStatement
> Testing:
> select * from b
> Starting new parsing run
> sqlSelectStatement/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:1 after ""
> ..(1)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:1 after ""
> sqlSelectStatement/sqlSelect/select/"select"/'s/S', matched, cursor at 1:2
> after "s"
> ..(3)../"select"/'e/E', matched, cursor at 1:3 after "se"
> ..(3)../"select"/'l/L', matched, cursor at 1:4 after "sel"
> ..(3)../"select"/'e/E', matched, cursor at 1:5 after "sele"
> ..(3)../"select"/'c/C', matched, cursor at 1:6 after "selec"
> ..(3)../"select"/'t/T', matched, cursor at 1:7 after "select"
> ..(3)../"select", matched, cursor at 1:7 after "select"
> ..(2)../select/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], matched, cursor at 1:8 after "select
> "
> ..(3)../whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:8 after "select "
> ..(3)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:8 after "select "
> ..(2)../select, matched, cursor at 1:8 after "select "
> ..(1)../sqlSelect/OneOrMore/columns/asterisk/'*', matched, cursor at 1:9
> after "select *"
> ..(4)../asterisk/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], matched, cursor at 1:10 after
> "select * "
> ..(5)../whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(5)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(4)../asterisk, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(3)../columns, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(2)../OneOrMore/columns/asterisk/'*', failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select
> * "
> ..(4)../asterisk, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(3)../columns/Sequence/FirstOf/Sequence/columnName/Optional/Sequence/id/TestNot/Sequence/select/"select"/'s/S',
> failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(14)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(13)../select, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(12)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(11)../TestNot, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(10)../id/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
> ..(11)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
> ..(10)../id/ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:11 after
> "select * f"
> ..(13)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
> ..(12)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
> ..(12)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
> ..(11)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:12 after
> "select * fr"
> ..(13)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
> ..(12)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
> ..(12)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
> ..(11)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:13 after
> "select * fro"
> ..(13)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
> ..(12)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(12)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(11)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:14 after
> "select * from"
> ..(13)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(12)../FirstOf/a..z, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(12)../FirstOf/A..Z, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(12)../FirstOf/0..9, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(12)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(11)../ZeroOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(10)../id/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select *
> from "
> ..(11)../whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from
> "
> ..(11)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(10)../id, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(9)../Sequence/dot/'.', failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(10)../dot, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(9)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(8)../Optional, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(7)../columnName/Sequence/id/TestNot/Sequence/select/"select"/'s/S',
> failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(13)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(12)../select, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(11)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(10)../TestNot, matched, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(9)../id/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(11)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:10 after "select * "
> ..(10)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
> ..(10)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
> ..(9)../id/ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:11 after
> "select * f"
> ..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:11 after "select * f"
> ..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
> ..(11)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
> ..(10)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:12 after
> "select * fr"
> ..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:12 after "select * fr"
> ..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
> ..(11)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
> ..(10)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:13 after
> "select * fro"
> ..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:13 after "select * fro"
> ..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(11)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(10)../ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:14 after
> "select * from"
> ..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(11)../FirstOf/A..Z, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(11)../FirstOf/0..9, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(11)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(10)../ZeroOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:14 after "select * from"
> ..(9)../id/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select *
> from "
> ..(10)../whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from
> "
> ..(10)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(9)../id, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(8)../Sequence/Optional/Sequence/doubleColon/colon/':', failed, cursor at
> 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(12)../colon, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(11)../doubleColon, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(10)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(9)../Optional, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(8)../Sequence, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(7)../columnName/Optional/alias/Optional/as/"as"/'a/A', failed, cursor at
> 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(12)../"as", failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(11)../as, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(10)../Optional, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(9)../alias/id/TestNot/Sequence/select/"select"/'s/S', failed, cursor at
> 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(14)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(13)../select, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(12)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(11)../TestNot, matched, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(10)../id/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select *
> from "
> ..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:15 after "select * from "
> ..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, matched, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
> *..(11)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"*
> ..(10)../id/ZeroOrMore/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:16 after
> "select * from b"
> ..(13)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
> ..(12)../FirstOf/a..z, failed, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
> ..(12)../FirstOf/A..Z, failed, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
> ..(12)../FirstOf/0..9, failed, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
> ..(12)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
> ..(11)../ZeroOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:16 after "select * from b"
> ..(10)../id/whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select *
> from b "
> ..(11)../whiteSpace/[ \t\n\r\f], failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from
> b "
> ..(11)../whiteSpace, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(10)../id, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(9)../alias, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(8)../Optional, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(7)../columnName, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(6)../Sequence/ZeroOrMore/Sequence/concat/"||", failed, cursor at 1:17
> after "select * from b "
> ..(9)../concat, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(8)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(7)../ZeroOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(6)../Sequence, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(5)../FirstOf, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(4)../Sequence/ZeroOrMore/Sequence/comma/',', failed, cursor at 1:17 after
> "select * from b "
> ..(7)../comma, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(6)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(5)../ZeroOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(4)../Sequence, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(3)../columns, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(2)../OneOrMore/columns/asterisk/'*', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select
> * from b "
> ..(4)../asterisk, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(3)../columns/Sequence/FirstOf/Sequence/columnName/Optional/Sequence/id/TestNot/Sequence/select/"select"/'s/S',
> failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(14)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(13)../select, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(12)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(11)../TestNot, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(10)../id/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select *
> from b "
> ..(12)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(11)../FirstOf/a..z, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(11)../FirstOf/A..Z, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(11)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(10)../id, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(9)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(8)../Optional, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(7)../columnName/Sequence/id/TestNot/Sequence/select/"select"/'s/S',
> failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(13)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(12)../select, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(11)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> *..(10)../TestNot, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "*
> ..(9)../id/FirstOf/underscore/'_', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select *
> from b "
> ..(11)../underscore, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(10)../FirstOf/a..z, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(10)../FirstOf/A..Z, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(10)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(9)../id, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(8)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(7)../columnName, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(6)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(5)../FirstOf/Sequence/sqlSelect/select/"select"/'s/S', failed, cursor at
> 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(9)../"select", failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(8)../select, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(7)../sqlSelect, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(6)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(5)../FirstOf, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(4)../Sequence, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(3)../columns, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(2)../OneOrMore, matched, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(1)../sqlSelect/from/"from"/'f/F', failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select *
> from b "
> ..(3)../"from", failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(2)../from, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> ..(1)../sqlSelect, failed, cursor at 1:17 after "select * from b "
> sqlSelectStatement, failed, cursor at 1:1 after ""
>
> Could you please explain why it fails after matched (in bold here)? Thank
> you.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
> http://users.parboiled.org/It-does-not-match-the-whole-input-text-tp4024155p4024160.html
> To start a new topic under parboiled users, email [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from parboiled users, visit
Loading...